Look forward to a warm welcome from vibrant and historic Cuba
4th November 2019 | 12 days | From £2395 per person
Single room supplement: £365
Cubas charm is its classical vibrancy and colourfulness. Join us on this exciting tour and experience the passionate, revolutionary Cuban spirit for yourself, while it travels through an impressive transition period. Experience colonial Havana on a classic car tour, sunbathe on a tropical white sandy beach and trek through lush landscapes rich in palms and unique tropical plants.
Nacional de Cuba Hotel, Havana
Located in the very heart of the city of Havana, facing the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico over The Malecon coast road. All bedrooms are en-suite with hair dryer, air conditioning, mini-bar, satellite TV, radio, telephone and safe. Hotel facilities include 2 restaurants, 6 bars, pool, gardens, cabaret shows*, gym, tennis, shops and a beauty
Hotel Jagua, by Melia, Cienfuegos
Offering panoramic views across the bay, the hotel was built in the modernist style of the 1950's. There is an outside pool, bar and a reception area doubles up as a contemporary local art gallery. En-suite rooms are airconditioned with TV, safe and minibar.
Blau Varadero Hotel, Varadero
Located right on Varadero Beach, it is a modern, 13 floor adults only hotel. Bedrooms are air-conditioned with safe, minibar, kettle, TV and hairdryer. Hotel facilities include 4
restaurants, 5 bars, extensive spa and wellness areas, tennis courts, water sports*, outdoor pool, salsa classes, Wi-Fi*, laundry and hair salon. The All-Inclusive package offers
local and international drinks 24hrs, replenished minibar and themed evenings with live music. (*denotes a charge)
Door to Door Service
Airport transfers at the destination and between resorts
4 nights bed and breakfast at the Nacional de Cuba Hotel, Havana plus 2 dinners on site and 2 at local establishments
2 nights dinner, bed and breakfast at the Jagua Hotel, Cienfuegos
4 nights All Inclusive at the Blau Varadero Hotel, Varadero
Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
All entrance fees, where applicable
English speaking local guide
Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
Your Door to Door service will transfer you to London for our flight to Havana. On arrival we will be met by our guide and driver and transferred to the Hotel Nacional de Cuba, our base for the next 4 nights.
During our stay in Havana, the following will be included:
- A classic 1950's American car tour of the city before exploring the Old Town on foot. Highlights will include the Miramar & Vedado districts, Revolution Square, the picturesque coastal road the 'Malecon' and entrance to the City Museum to learn about Cuban pre-Revolutionary history. Lunch and dinner at a local 'Paladar' restaurant.
- Day trip to Viñales in Cuba's western-most province of Pinar del Rio and the Los Organos mountain range. We will visit a cigar factory and organic farm where we will stop for lunch. Easy afternoon trek through a unique section of Viñales' famous lush landscape with spectacular cork palms and endemic species of flora and fauna.
- Visit to the Museum of the Revolution in Havana and lunch in a local Paladar in the Old Town. Visit the Ernest Hemingway Museum at Finca La Vigia, where he wrote The Old Man and The Sea. Dinner at El Floridita Bar, where Hemingway used to drink daiquiris.
Travel from Havana to the Hotel Jagua at Cienfuegos for a 2 night stay. During the transfer day and our stay,
the following will be included:
-Playa Giron - a beach on the Bay of Pigs in the Cienaga de Zapata peninsula - the largest wetland in the Caribbean and world-famous for the 1961 attempt to overthrow Castro's Revolutionary Government. Visit to the Playa de Giron museum and lunch at Caleta Buena. Afternoon tour of Cienfuegos, known as the 'Pearl of the South' whose colonial centre was given UNESCO World Heritage status in 2005.
-Trinidad, the jewel in Cuba's patrimonial crown located between the mountains of the Sierra del Escambray and the Caribbean Sea. Best explored on foot, we follow the winding cobbled street to open market places where innovative locals sell artisan goods from hand -woven tablecloths to pottery. Also included is a visit to the Botanical Gardens with its spectacular collection of palm trees and tropical plants and lunch at a local Paladar.
Travel from Cienfuegos to Varadero to our hotel, the Blau Varadero for our 4 night, All Inclusive stay. During the transfer day and our stay, the following will be included:
- The city of Santa Clara; founded in 1689 by settlers escaping pirate raids but today linked to the historical revolutionary battle led by Ernesto 'Che' Guevara. The city houses the impressive mausoleum and is today an important university city. Lunch included at Los Caneyes Hotel. Continue to Varadero located on the Peninsula de Hicacos which boast a 15 mile long beach of picture perfect white sand and turquoise sea.
- A full free day at our resort to relax on the beach, explore Varadero or join optional activities offered by the hotel.
- Half day excursion to Matanzas, a pretty town spanning three rivers and earning the name of 'City of Bridges'. It is known for its literary heritage, being the birthplace of Rumba and Danzon dances and for being an important centre for religions of African origins. Visit to the Pharmacy Museum and lunch at a local Paladar included.
- Half day excursion to the Bellamar Caves, one of Cuba's largest cave systems. A subterranean path leads to galleries full of stalactites and stalagmites. After the tour we will have lunch at Finca Coincidencia, an organic farm near Jovellanos before returning to Varadero for our last afternoon at resort.
Subject to flying schedules, we have time to relax at the hotel before our transfer to Havana
Airport for our overnight flight back to the UK.
On arrival, your Door to Door service will be waiting to greet you for your journey home.B
The tourism infrastructure in Cuba remains less developed than most Latin American countries, which may result in inconsistent and changeable service standards. These may include last-minute itinerary changes, power outages, outdated hotel facilities and limited dining options. An easy-going and flexible approach is suggested to be able to enjoy this fascinating country as it goes through its current and exciting transition period.
B=Breakfast included, D=Dinner included
It was not possible to contact Google to display the home pick-ups map. Please try again later.
All tours on this site do include our very popular door to door service. On the day of departure, one of our small minibuses or cars will pick you up, at your door at the stipulated time and transfer you to the coach. Check on this map to see if your address is within our pick up area. PLEASE NOTE – if you do not live within our pick up area, call us and we will arrange to collect you at a mutually convenient point en-route.
Below is a list of pick-up points available on this tour.
Below is a list of pick-up points available on this tour.
|Bamber Bridge|| Bamber Bridge |
|Charnock Richard|| Charnock Richard Services |
|Farm|| Farm, FY6 0JW |
|River Wyre|| River Wyre |
|Wesham New Fire Station|| Wesham,Opp. New Fire Station |
|Departure Date||Pick-up Time||Set-down Time|
|From Price||Book Now||Call Back||Telephone||Favourites|
The website timed out while searching for the departure dates. Please try again.
|Room Types||Price Per-Person|
Last minute getaways